Tips To Give Your Traditional Dresses A Modern Look
Ever been to Indian weddings where you want to stand out with a touch of modernism, looking bold, classy yet nailing the Indian look?
Creating an aura of oneself by dressing up a little away from the crowd, someone who loves to have a modern look.
Vibing to the mood of the function. Be it for a family gathering, dinner, brunch, festival, or a function happening.
Here are some tips that will give your Indian dresses a modern look.
Look your best even after being different.
The “Indo-Western” look – Fusion of Western and South Asian fashion as per google.
Blend of the Indian culture and heritage with western heritage and giving rise to a new heritage.
Shirts as blouse
- Simply wearing a white shirt or any shirt matching your saree would do. There are various types of shirts out there in the market with multiple sleeve designs that look perfect as a blouse on sarees.
This look is very trendy and is so fashionable. Many Bollywood divas and fashion influencers wear it too.
- A Kanchipuram saree perfectly pleated and paired with a shirt gives the bold and affirming look.
Shirts look great on pairing with simple lehengas too.
They complement well with most of the Indian outfits you decide on wearing.
Bralette as a blouse
Bralettes being in fashion, also go well with blouses for sarees. The desired and attractive that you are looking for.
Ever imagined date in a saree?
It is the time that you not only imagine but get it done. Make your date fall for you all over again and steal the heart again.
“The heartthrob forever”
Dhoti with a top
Heard the song “Abhi toh party shuru huyi hai?” Ever noticed the dress that Sonam Kapoor was wearing? She paired dhoti with a top, never thought of it right?
A bit wild but looks lovely and totally out of the blue. Dhotis are coming back in the trend; what better way to pair them with a top to give your attire a modern look?
Someone who is a fashionista should try out this one.
Pulling off any attire is your game.
Kurtis with Jeans
Pairing Kurtis with jeans never happens to be out of trend. They look great and are comfortable.
With the trendy denim cut jeans available these days, this pair happens to make one of the deadliest yet evergreen looks. Totally in fashion yet traditional.
“Jackets look great only on pair of jeans and tops”, Who told?
You need to try it out with the Indian traditional dresses you plan to wear.
- Not only do denim jackets look great on western clothes but wearing a jacket on saree and Kurti looks eminently bold, classy, and unique.
- Be it a simple denim jacket or a traditional work on the jacket, it adorns your look.
“#ootd” it is.
Palazzos can make any normal dress stand out being in comfort.
- The best part is palazzos are a great option even for summers when the scorching heat of the sun radiates upon you.
- Not only they are good for summers but are extremely fashionable for any age group.
- Legging being a most common option can be set as an alternative.
Be it a simple bold color or a printed one, most of its variety will never fail to make you stick out.
- Wearing a cape is one of the simplest DIY that you could and still pull off the look.
- Being an origin from Europe, a western culture adapted for the creation of Indo-Western look.
Cape is known to be used as a fashion statement and is generally used to keep oneself warm and protect the fabric of their evening wear.
It is even worn for ramp shows and is in the trend even for ethnic wear.
Wearing belts on sarees is the trend, it gives the touch of modernism and perfect spice to your Indo-western look.
Wearing a belt even on Kurtis looks pretty appealing.
- It also glamourizes your overall look and personality.
- Black or brown belts complement any color from subtle dark colors to the brightest neon and white colors.
- It also gives the look of a curvier and attractive body with a thinner waist.
- Ornamented belts beautify the attire and make it look Indian yet modern, the concept of two combined in one.
Ever thought of wearing your favorite pair of boots on a traditional saree or a Kurti?
Dauntless, eccentric, and stylish it is.
Get your pair of boots and wear them on your Indian attire, next time when you are running out of ideas.
- It will not only add the X factor but also elevate your look and also elevate your height, just the perfect replacement for heels.
The perfect combination of ethnic and contemporary.
“Fashion lies in sneakers”
- Comfort should come in fashion and fashion lies in sneakers.
Tired of wearing heels all the time on traditional dresses?
- Go bold, go funky, and try out sneakers on your next traditional outfit.
- Feel comfortable yet fashionable and modern.
- Sneakers look amazing on Kurtis and trendy.
- Ornaments add beauty to your look. Be it light ornaments or heavy ones. Be it Indian ornaments or modernized western ornaments.
- Accessories play a vital role in adding a specific look to an event.
- We must give a thought while buying and wearing the accessories.
- Just the way you wear your accessories gives a whole new dimension to the look.
- Wearing simple, stylish jewelry gives the modern look you are trying to achieve. Not too heavy, less, and sassy.
There are many other fashion tips that you can always have. Being creative and innovative with the existing traditional attires is always an option and gives you the ideas to set a trend of your own like draping cloth in many ways or just wearing a bandana.
Trying, exploring, and having fun in fashion.
It is now time that you try out some of the tips to look charming and gorgeous in traditional attires with a modern twist.
Check out this article on how to dress up in a salwaar kameez for a day