Orbi Wifi Extender- A Solution For You To Get Rid of The Wi-Fi issues
Orbi Wifi Extender- A solution for you to get rid of the Wi-Fi issues
Orbi wifi extenders are second to none when it comes to providing you with a seamless network at your home. So, if you desperately desire to get rid of these annoying dead corners, Orbi is the choice. Netgear is well known for its user-friendly home networking device. It always tries to provide easy-to-understand and simple functionality in its devices. And it applies to the Orbi wifi extender. You need no help from an expert to install and configure it. You can do it absolutely on your own with a little guidance. And we are here to provide you with that guidance. With this guide, you are going to learn all about the installation and the configuration of the Orbi extender.
Steps to install an Orbi Wifi extender
Before you begin the Orbi’s installation, here are some prerequisites that you need to fulfill.
- An ISP router or modem.
- An active internet connection.
- A device. ( laptop, desktop, or mobile)
- Ethernet cable.
To set up the extender, you can use the manual method, or you can also use the Orbi app. Orbi app is an easy way to install and log in to your extender device. However, here we are going to discuss both of the methods for you.
Install the extender using the Orbi app
- To begin with, you need an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Orbi extender to the main router using the Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your Orbi extender into a wall jack and then press the Power button on it.
- Then, open the Orbi app, log in using your Netgear user credentials.
- Soon you log in click on the “Get Started!” option.
- After that, click on the Enable Camera and Scan option.
- And scan the label on your extender. You can check for this label on one of the side panels of the extender.
- A progress bar appears on the screen to tell the status of the installation process.
- Now, open the Wifi settings on your device and then connect your device to the extender’s network.
Note- Check for the sticker on the extender to find the login details, you can find this sticker on one of the side panels of the extender.
- Once you connect to the extender’s network, go to the Settings of the extender and then check for all the available networks.
- Next, please select the network you want to extend and enter its password.
- Then, create an extended network for that network. To do so, create a new SSID and password for the network.
- When you have created the network, you can move the extender to the place where you face wifi issues the most.
- After you decide the extender’s location, move it there and connect it into a wall jack.
- Then, press the extender’s power button to turn it on.
- After the extender starts, connect your devices to the extender again to finish the installation.
Install the extender using an internet browser
- The foremost step is to connect the extender to a wall jack.
- Then, press the power button to turn it on.
- Wait for the power LED to turn on solid white.
- Connect the extender to the main router. To do so, here, you can either use the WPS or ethernet connection.
- To connect the router using a WPS connection, press the WPS button on the extender and then, within two minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- If you want to connect the extender to the router using an ethernet connection, insert one end (RJ45) of the Ethernet cable into the ethernet port of the extender and the second end into the LAN port of your main modem or router.
- Once you connect the extender to the Orbi router, now you need a device. Use any device such as a laptop, desktop, or smartphone.
- Open your device and go to its Wi-Fi manager.
- Find the extender network with _EXT extension.
- Select the extender’s network and connect it using its password. ( Note– You can check for the password on the extender’s sticker, which is available on the bottom panel of the extender system.
- Open an updated browser on your device and go to mywifiext.com.
- Now, log in as an admin to your extender.
- On the admin dashboard, check all the available networks and select the network you want to extend.
- Enter the password for the selected network.
- Next, create the new network SSID and the password for the selected network.
- After that, connect your device to the new extended network.
- Now, unplug the extender and move it to the place you face the wifi issues the most.
- Again connect the extender to a wall jack and press the power button to turn on the extender.
- Connect your device to the extender again.
Note- Make sure that the extender stays in the main router’s network range when you move it to a new location.
Login to the Orbi Extender-
To login to your extender after the installation, follow these steps-
- Open your device and connect it to the Orbi extender’s network.
- Enter the admin username and password.
- Hit the login button to access your router.
You can also use the Orbi app to log in to your extender.
- Launch the app and enter your Netgear username and password to log in to your account.
- Then, select the Orbi extender’s device icon to access its settings.