How Can You Fix The SBCGlobal Email Login Issue?
If you are an SBCGlobal email user, you know that it is one of the best email services. There are many attractive features that the SBCGlobal email provides, due to which it is still in the race and competing with other latest email services.
But lately, the users of the SBCGlobal email service have been experiencing some issues with the email service. Some of the major and common issues that we noted are following:
- Not able to log in to the SBCGlobal email account.
- SBCGlobal email not working issue.
- Some unknown error due to which the mailbox does not open.
- And the mailbox is not responding error.
But don’t worry, this guide will tell you the most effective troubleshoot to resolve these issues. Let’s first find out why the SBCGlobal email is not working on your computer or Apple device.
Possible reasons for SBCGlobal email not working on computer or Apple device
The following is the list of the most common reasons causing SBCGlobal email not working issue on various devices:
- The invalid Username and Password issue.
- Service outage causing a technical issue.
- The incompatible web browser due to which users are not able to open their mailbox.
- Sometimes the users are not able to sync their mail app to the yahoo server.
- Sometimes the issue also occurs with the device or account security.
If you can’t sign in to your SBCGlobal.net email account, you will notice the error popping on your computer or iPhone’s screen. In most cases, the error that pops up is the root cause of the SBCGlobal email login issue. Thus, to do better and efficient troubleshooting, the user should note the error.
Now, as you have come to know the possible reasons for the error, let’s move to the troubleshooting part.
Various methods to fix the SBCGlobal email Login error occurring on the browser
The following are the five effective methods to fix the Sbcglobal Email Login error:
#1 Test your Email Server Status:
Whenever you experience the Email login issue, the first troubleshooting you should do is test the email service status. And the server outage is a technical error, so there is nothing that you can do on your end.
Now to check the server status, you can open yahoo’s official page.
- You can also open the down detector page to check the server status.
- Once you open the down detector page in your browser, search the yahoo mail name in its company list. Select the name once you find it.
- You may also need to check the graph or weather forecast. If there are flood or thunderstorm reports in your area, it can cause server-related technical issues, causing technical errors.
- In such a situation, you need to wait until the issue is fixed by yahoo itself.
#2 Make sure that you use the correct login password.
The incorrect password error is one of the most common causes of an account login error. Sometimes the users themselves don’t know that they are using the incorrect login password. And you may know that passwords are case sensitive, so even a single wrong letter input can cause the login error.
But if you are certain that you are using the correct login password and still can’t log in, then maybe someone else has changed your password. Or your account has been hacked. So if this is the case, you should immediately reset your password. Follow the information given below to reset your password:
- So, first of all, open the SBCGlobal’s account recovery page on your web browser.
- Once you land on the web page, select the Forgot password option.
- Next, you need to fill in your user ID or email address and last name in the respective sections. And then tap on the Continue button.
- Now you will see various account verification methods. Select the method that you are comfortable with.
- Once you complete the verification process, you will see a reset password window. Here you need to create your new password and confirm the same.
- Thus the password creation process is complete, and you have secured your account.
#3 Also verify the user ID or email address of your SBCGlobal.net email
Just like the password, users can also forget their usernames or email address. And that’s completely fine as most of the users have several different usernames on various online platforms.
So please double-check your username and make sure that you are not using the wrong one. But if you can’t recall your username, you can recover your user ID with the help of Forgot ID or Find your ID option.
- To do so, first, open the ATT email login page on your web browser.
- Now select the Forgot User ID option. You will find it below the User ID section.
- Now you just need to enter your recovery email address or registered mobile number in the respective sections. Thus you will receive your forgotten user ID either on your recovery email address or registered mobile number, as per your choice.
#4 Clean your Browser’s trash files
The browser settings or the browser’s trash files can also sometimes cause email login issues. Thus, delete the old files or trash files of your browser and reload the email login page. Once you delete the trash cache and cookies files, try logging in to your account using the same login credentials.
The following are the steps to delete the trash files on the most common web browsers, i.e., Chrome and Firefox:
Steps for the Chrome browser:
- Open the History tab of the browser. And then select the Clear data button.
- Next, select the files that you want to delete, and then hit the delete data button.
Steps for Firefox browser:
- Open the browser’s Site Data page.
- And tap on the Clear data key.
#5 And lastly, make sure your browser is completely upgraded
So the last step of the troubleshooting method is upgrading or updating the browser. If you have deleted all the trash files of your browser and still can’t access the login page, then make sure your browser is updated. If not, please update it to its latest version. Most likely, it will resolve the login issue.
So these troubleshoots are very effective if you are experiencing email login issues on your computer. But what if the issue is occurring on an iPhone? Let’s find out.
Fix for the SBCGlobal email login issue occurring on iPhone
So if you got an iPhone or Apple device and can’t log in to your SBCGlobal email account on it, follow the following steps to troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:
- So firstly, open the Settings tab of your iPhone.
- Then search and select the Accounts & Password option. In case you are using an older iOS version and can’t find the Accounts & passwords option, tap on the mail, contacts, and calendars option.
- Once you land on the following tab, select your SBCGlobal account from the account list.
- Then swipe upwards on the account, and you will find the Delete button, select it.
- Next, you will see a confirmation message. Select the Yes button.
- After removing your SBCGlobal email account from the account list, you should restart your iPhone.
- Once you restart the phone, again open the Account & Password tab.
- Select the Add Account button.
- Next, you will see a list of email service providers. Select the AT&T mail account option from the list.
- Then you have to enter your email account and password in the respective fields.
- And lastly, tap on the Enter button.
- Thus the email login issue on your iPhone will be resolved.
If you have to do the Manual setup of the account using IMAP
Sometimes the email login issue also occurs due to wrong server settings. So you may have to manually set up your SBCGlobal email account using the IMAP server settings.
Fill in the following information while doing the server settings:
- Enter imap.mail.att.net in the Incoming Server Address section.
- The Port number should be 993.
- Select the SSL option in the Encryption section.
- Then enter your complete SBCGlobal email address in the Username section.
- Enter the password associated with the SBCGlobal email account in the Password section.
- The outgoing server should be smtp.mail.att.net.
- The port number should be 583 or 465.
- And lastly, select SSL or TLS for the Encryption type section.