Activities That An International School In Kuala Lumpur Should Provide
International Schools in Kuala Lumpur offer a wide variety of activities, during as well after the regular school hours. As an integral part of the school curriculum, the aim is to develop each child, and help them discover hidden talents and improve upon the ones they already have. A school that offers an international curriculum with a combination of extracurricular activities to make students’ life long journeys more meaningful.
It is worth noting that the world in the present scenario is much volatile. A school, in conjunction with parents and guardians, needs to prepare every student to take on the current challenges, while maintaining emotional stability and an inquisitive mind. International schools in KL offer activities that are tailor-made with a child’s need to fit their abilities, interests, and ambitions. Schools prepare their students with a lifelong passion for learning and guide them to become true global citizens.
The schools in KL integrate educational technologies into their daily curriculum to meet a student’s academic needs. A wireless internet system in the school campus and multimedia studios are some examples to cater to a student’s requirement. A school fosters its students to collaborate and help them think creatively and collectively to become a noble citizen of this world.
Curricula of an International School in KL
Students are offered a wide variety of curriculum to choose from. For example, some schools provide a choice from Indian and International curricula like CBSE, Cambridge, and GMP:
- Global Montessori Pre-school (GMP) – For modern preschool education.
- Cambridge Lower Secondary Program (CLSP) – For Grades 6 and 7.
- International Curriculum (IGCSE) – For students of 14 – 16 years of age.
- CBSE – A comprehensive program from Kindergarten to class 12.
Important activities that an International School in Kuala Lumpur provide
Leading international schools in KL offer the most advanced curriculum with outstanding facilities and various after-class activities.
- Bridge Programs – This is a specialized program to help students joining in the middle of a school year make up for their lost time. For example, it will help high school students in getting up-to-date on important lessons and other classwork assignments. The program also helps weak students learn with their fellow peers and maintain the pace with their classmates.
- Scholarship Programs – To contribute to educational needs and provide financial assistance to their students, schools offer many scholarship programs. Merit-based scholarships for deserving and meticulous children provide an essential learning experience to prepare students to achieve their future goals.
- Learning beyond classrooms – Students are induced to participate in various co-curricular activities. In addition to their academics, children are encouraged to pursue various time management programs to understand the value of time. The enrichment activities ensure children be benefited in:
Physical Development: Sports and other outdoor activities make students physically fit by exercising and keeping them mentally healthy. Children are taught the basics to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Self-confidence: By learning new skills, children develop confidence and are more likely to engage in social activities. An increase in self-confidence is an added advantage for the student to live an active home life and work life.
Creativity: The diversified range of activities helps building problem-solving skills. Hobbies encourage children in their natural curiosity and building interests in various fields. Some of the activities also promote methods to deal with deep stress levels and peer-to-peer interactions.
Team Spirit: Teamwork activities teach children to work together to achieve a common target. They learn to work as a team rather than an individual. Teamwork is an essential phenomenon in an individual’s life at home. The skill learnt at an early age will help them in the workplace also.
- Extracurricular activities – International schools in Kuala Lumpur offer a wide range of co-curricular activities. Hobbies help students socially inculcating them. They also help children in standing out from the crowd. Some of the facilities are:
- Computer Laboratory
- A field for playing Cricket, Football and other sports
- Well equipped Gym
- Science Laboratory
- Swimming Pool
- Art Studio
- Tennis and Badminton Courts
- Drama Studio and many more
- Qualified Staff – Teachers of an international school are trained to connect with their students. The staff has a passion for educating children and understanding them at a deeper level. Teachers educate children with their learning style and allow them to raise queries to help them understand the topics taught in the class.
International schools groom students to become ready for the challenges of 21-st century skills. From primary to the high school level, many of these schools adopt a holistic education approach. Extracurricular and co-curricular activities ensure students excel in every sphere of their lives. With an enjoyable learning atmosphere, an overall development process helps students to get placements in the most prestigious universities worldwide. Students who get a good education early in life are more likely to succeed in the future.